We're sorry, but all tickets sales have ended because the event is expired.
March 9, 2015
12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
This class teaches direct support staff “best practices” for working in the field of developmental disabilities. This orientation class discusses many of the subjects that are required by the 245D standards. The instructor will discuss the principals of these subjects:
- Person-centered thinking;
- Providing active treatment;
- Community integration and involvement;
- Individual service rights;
- Documentation; and
- Incident reporting
- Learn the key elements of Active Treatment,
- Understand and practice how to encourage consumer participation in their treatment,
- Learn how to identify and ensure your consumers’ rights,
- Practice proper documentation
About the Instructor:
Jason Hoffrogge, is the training director for Orion Associates, a human resources agency for companies working with people who have disabilities. Jason has over 20 years of experience in working with people who have disabilities in residential, vocational, and crisis settings. Jason has also been a part-time firefighter and first responder for the past 14 years.